Learn to Sail
Your the Captain Now!
Private sailing lessons are a one-on-one experience with a qualified instructor.
Ready to learn how to sail?
Our lessons are private, Just "you" or up to 3 of your friends can join in. This is a fun way to get some hands-on knowledge as well as work on your rusty skills before taking a sail vacation.
At Sail San Diego, we offer lessons for every level of sailor, from beginner to advanced. Each of our US Coast Guard Certified Captains has the extensive knowledge and the passion to introduce you to the wonderful sport of sailing. Within the protected waters of the San Diego Bay, we offer our students a safe and comfortable environment from which to learn this time-honored skill. Our Sailing class is designed to teach the beginner the fundamentals of sailing. All of our classes are designed to allow you to get the most out of your sailing. Classes are private, giving you the opportunity to learn from an experienced captain at your own pace. No Prior Experience Needed.
Book below, or call our friendly staff to get started on (619) 297-7426. You could literally be learning to sail in 5 minutes from now.
You’ll be amazed by how much you can learn in just a few hours! Private sailing lessons are a one-on-one experience with a qualified instructor. Nervous about docking? Need some extra help heaving-to or completing a man overboard drill? Our instructors are here to help! Fully customizable based on what skills you are looking to strengthen. Private sailing lessons are a good choice if you’re working towards a particular rating, prefer one-on-one coaching, or you need more scheduling flexibility.
All shown prices have NO EXTRA TAXES OR FEES
We do gently remind our guests to think of their Captain with Gratuity. They work hard to give you the best experience and the best sail every day.
Thank you very much for booking with Sail San Diego. Here are a couple of things to make your experience more memorable:
- Please plan to arrive 30 minutes before the start of your sail.
- Dress appropriately to the weather, and remember it is often a little chillier out on the open water than on land.
- We always recommend wearing soft (non-black soles) shoes.
- Arrive at 2720 Shelter Island Drive, San Diego Ca 92106.
Terms and Cancellation Policy
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your sail within 3 days of your trip, you can do so on the website, inside of 3 days please call 1-619-297-7426.
- Our boats will sail in light rain as well as other “safe weather”.
- Reservations may be canceled for a full refund only if canceled within 3 days of your reservation.
- For Private and Bareboat Charters, Sail San Diego will enforce a cleaning fee if necessary.