Experience the thrilling adventure of whale watching with Sail San Diego!
Whale Watching Sailing Tours
San Diego hosts over 25,000 Grey Whales on their journey on their 10,000 mile journey
Departing from one of the closest marinas to the Pacific with the option of sailing in the bay, or open water. With multiple departure times, we have a tour to fit perfectly into your schedule!
To fully enjoy the sights and sounds of a close encounter with wildlife, be sure to bring a warm, rainproof jacket to wear on the topside observation deck … and don’t forget your camera! Throughout the cruise, your attentive crew will offer complimentary snacks and beverages. All our tours are personal and spacious ~ you won't find any cramped, overbooked crowds on our vessels!
Book a Morning or Afternoon
Whale Watching Sail Tour - $109 Per Person
Taxes / NO Hidden Fees
Whale Watching Sail 3.5hrs
Join Sail San Diego as we take you and your guests on a thrilling Whale Watching sail!
This is an amazing 3.5 Hour Whale Watch Tour! The most popular sailing trip this time of year. We depart from one of the closest marinas to the Pacific. You will be sailing while spotting whales out in open water.
Large Group Private Whale Watching $775+ - 3.5hrs
All shown prices have NO EXTRA TAXES OR FEES
We do gently remind our guests to think of their Captain with Gratuity. They work hard to give you the best experience and the best sail every day.
Thank you very much for booking with Sail San Diego. Here are a couple of things to make your experience more memorable:
- Please plan to arrive 20 minutes before the start of your sail.
- Dress appropriately to the weather, and remember it is often a little chillier out on the open water than on land.
- We always recommend wearing soft (non-black soles) shoes.
- Arrive at 2646 Shelter Island Drive, San Diego Ca 92106.
Terms and Cancellation Policy
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your sail within 3 days of your trip, you can do so on the website, inside of 3 days please call 1-619-297-7426.
- Our boats will sail in light rain as well as other “safe weather”.
- Reservations may be canceled for a full refund only if canceled within 3 days of your reservation.
- For Private and Bareboat Charters, Sail San Diego will enforce a cleaning fee if necessary.